Friday, March 11, 2005

London Calling

All right, so here I go with my impressions, thoughts, rant and raves...
London: First things first. I need to trade in my sawbucks for pounds. Me: "Please change $170 US to pounds." Her: "Brace yourself. Here is your $67 pounds. Ouch! Somehow I don't believe the U.S. economy is doing as well as our analysts/politicians are leading us to believe.
I hop on to the "Underground Tube" which is great! You can get anywhere. Found the Hostel without much trouble and checked in. Took a walk, but not much to see in the area. Since I hadn't gotten any sleep on the plane and nobody was really keen on going out, I resigned to the jet lag and relaxed for the evening.
Next morning and its time to do the tourist things. I take the Tube to Westminster station and start taking the obligatory pics. Big Ben/Parliament/the Thames/Piccadilly Circus/Green & Hyde parks/ Trafalgar Square and here and there. Checked out the National Portrait Gallery. Every Brit who was every famous. They had a cool interactive library with their past and present collections. Ended the night at the local pub and the next morning I'll be on EasyJet to Amsterdam. 2 days/2 nights. Short & Sweet. Gotta move on...
Stayed tuned for Amsterdam. It gets a lot more interesting!
DJ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go DJ, go! - glad you made it over there ok. I'll be checking for updates- so keep em' coming! have fun - mark

Anonymous said...

DJ,
It's Bob from Paris, anyway keep up the good work, and if for whatever reason if you're tired on your last leg look me up in Seattle for a place to crash. Take care and all the best man